View Profile JamalMason

24 Movie Reviews

An interesting piece of work.. though If you want to get a message out there, I would avoid using manipulative music. If i'm on the fence about an issue and I watch an opinionated video on that issue which contains music that tries to force you to feel something, It will only drive me to side with the opposition.

The animation was simple but good and I agree with the message too. Art is a special service in that few people can do it (most people don't have any artistic talent) there for it is worth more and good artists should be paid a much higher rate than people who perform common services such as Cashiers or Waiters (jobs that anyone can perform). Too many people fail to realize this.

Although I realist the main character had to accept the offer in order for you to make the rest of your points, in my opinion the fact that he accepts what seems to be a shitty offer makes him harder to sympathies with.

While i don't find this to be moving or powerful like others do, I do find it to be a good little animated film. 3.5 stars

NCH responds:

abit of a fact that when I first show the animation to errorcell it did struck him hard to the similarities hes facing. and from the first take, the music he composed fitted so well with it.

he tried composing other music tones but in the end, we went back to the first one. think he really put all out on this piece as the animation did invoke his feelings of his experience in this industry.

Shit I guess I better prepare for a bunch of uninspired animations about this new meme.
You're a good artist and animator that's easy to see. the animation is great but the writing.. not so much. There's nothing really original about this. referencing "le funny may-mays" does not necessarily make for good comedy, neither does incorporating violence into something that's generally child friendly. stuff like this will build you an audience but.. would you rather have an audience of 12-year-olds who are largely responsible for the shitty condition of the internet today? or a more intellectual audience who can truly appreciate you as an artist?
I think you need to improve your writing or hire someone to help you. I'm not saying this to bring you down. I truly think you are capable of better things.

hbrunav responds:

Its a Luigi Death Stare cross Mortal Kombat X parody... what else are you expecting from it? But I feel you, I'll try to get better at writing, but I did enjoyed animating this garbage =P

Ha you're a cool guy mr Lobster but damn you've got some tone and pitch issues when it comes to singing. That's not to say you should stop trying tho.

6 Game Reviews

Nice to see someone making fun of egoraptor and his shitty let's play channel. They're responsible for a lot of cancerous shit on the internet.

I gotta be honest I avoided clicking this because the thumbnail looked like a bad ms paint drawing. This game suffers a bit because of the presentation. I think you could have made it look just a bit nicer. other than that tho this game is pretty good. I liked the gameplay. simple yet challenging. the Dialogue in the cut-scenes and the humor was good too. What i think i liked most tho was the message. I share your views on all the issues in the game.. except perhaps in level 3. I don't know if i'm to construe that you dislike oney from that part. his jokes can be a little immature some times but in my opinion he's one of the least douchey animators around... any way I'm glad i played this game. 4 stars.
also nyan doge isn't an actual thing right?.. Please tell me it's not.

Manly-Chicken responds:

It's not making fun of Oney, he's fine, it's making fun of the guys who COPY Oney's art style.

Such a simple and peaceful game. I enjoyed it greatly. it's been a long time since I've played a game that gives off such a serene vibe. 5 stars.

Didn't enjoy the gameplay too much, thought it was just a bit too simplistic. but I love the artwork!.
quite good considering the 72 Hour time limit though.

3 Audio Reviews

I keep coming back to this. it's such an amazing arrangement and that fucking solo gives me chills every time!

I think your voice has some potential. for the most part you have good pitch. You don't sing sharp and you don't sing flat (congrats that makes you better than a lot of pop singers). Your voice sounds pleasant however I think there are just a few parts where It sounds a little off. also I can here clipping throughout out the song. but over all it sounds very good. keep up the good work.

Ur fucking amazing

I'm speechless

3 Art Reviews

Awesomely creepy design, well pixeled and well animated. I can't help but point out the right ankle seems to pulsate a little bit but it's a minor nit pick.

Mataknight responds:

Oh, yeah! I see it now. I never noticed it before, but now that you mention it, it does seem to grow and shrink a little. Thanks for pointing that out, I never would have seen it. ^_^

I've seen 2 of your works frontpaged now and haven't seen any suggestions or criticism on them. So I'm going to be brutally honest here. Retro style pixel art can look amazing but in my opinion this does not. I find your pixel art to be amateurish. Your colours are very basic and don't work well together. You don't want to overuse colours that are too obnoxiously bright (those colours that you see in the default ms paint pallet = Bad). Many things look out of proportion and some parts just look badly shaped. In pieces like this, when line work looks too sharp or oddly shaped, you can use slightly lighter colours around it to give the impression of anti-aliasing and reshape it. lastly you are abusing pixel dithering. the over-dithered look is a pet peeve of mine. I suggest exploring and practicing other shading techniques and using dithering more subtly. This review may come across as patronizing but just know that's not my intention.

ScepterDPinoy responds:

Why thanks for the constructive criticism (it shouldn't hurt). It should be helpful as I'm aware of mistakes and I do want to humble myself when making art. I do not want to delete this comment otherwise not only does it offend you but it made me like a fool. I've taken Photoshop for game art back in 2013 and my Teacher help me as a better student and an artists through Constructive Criticism.

Horrible colours and quite messy. The background looks especially messy and displays little effort. The astronaut kids look.. OK, but the line work and colouring could be improved upon greatly. Next time you should put more effort into creating a more appealing background and be more thorough when drawing characters and objects.

I'm an artist/animator/guitarist from Australia, although I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at any one of those things.

26, Male